Yes - the venogram has to be from a different puncture site and it has to be for more than verifying the final location. All of the venography and fluoro described in your report are included in 77001.
I would normally code a venogram with a PICC only if they went in to try to use that vein, ran into a problem and injected contrast to diagnose the problem. Then, they usually use a separate puncture, like in the other arm, to place the PICC line.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join