I have been seeing several instances where a surgeon is seeing the patient in the office a week to 2 days before scheduled surgery and billing the "Pre-op clearance" visit and dictating the H&P into the hospital system.
They are billing a 99213-99215 with a chief complaint of "Pre-op clearance" and saying they CAN bill for this visit because the global surgery definition says "E/M on the the day before or the day of surgery" is included.
The pre-op allowable of the global split clearly pays for this. Can anyone point out some good documentation that I can refer to with these surgeons?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join