We have a pt w/complete heart block. The procedure note is very minimal:
"Lt subclavian area was sterilized and using the modified Seldinger technique, a 6 French cordis was introduced with good blood flow, then the balloon tip placer was floated into the right ventricle with good capture with a rate of 70 and MA II sensitivity of 1. CXP confirms good placement of the ER-tube and the pacemaker." I am not too swift on cardiology, however I am having a hard time coding this. I did find out that the internal med Doc subsequently placed a transvenous pacemaker left subclavian. This note was from the Cardiologist who happened to be at the hospital this day. I am looking at 33212. The problem I see is that none of the notes mention a generator. Pt was shipped out the next day for permanent placement. Thanks in advance.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join