Per 2008 ASA description
00562 (20 units) "anesthesia for procedures on heart, pericardial sac, and great vessels of chest with pump oxygenator"
new code 00567 (18 units) is specific to CABG procedure with pump oxygenator
ASA code 00567 should not be selected for cardiac procedures that are not coronary artery bypass graft procedures OR for Off Pump CABG.
Hope this clarifies.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join