Glide scope is a video laryngoscope. Per NCCI anesthesia guidelines, it is not appropriate to bill separately for the larygnoscopy/bronchoscpy/nasal endoscopy when these techniques are used for intubation. You may be able to bill the -22 modifier on the intubation CPT code if it was a difficult intubation and documentation supports increased procedural services (i.e. increased time and/or technical difficulty).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join