pt comes in for tetanus vaccine, has not had one in over ten years. Dr wants to code as an update on vaccine. Would you use V03.7 - Tetanus toxoid alone or would you use V06.1 - Dtap (diphtheria-tetanusppertussis) which is the actual injection he is getting, but the Physician thinks since it is an update on his tetanus it needs to be coded differently than with V06.1. I would think even though it has been 10 years you would still code with V06.1 even though it is an update. help please
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join