The only way you might get reimbursed is if the documentation for the 99232 shows a clear decision for surgery. We had a similar case and the patients condition had begun to deteriorate which necessitated the need for the C-section. We billed it with the modifier -25 since the 59514 has no Global days. As for the discharge, I would appeal based on the grounds that the delivery only code does not have global days and the discharge should be reimbursed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join