I coded the following documentation with 27372. The surgeon feels it should be 37203 and 35226. Here is the documentation:
The femoral sheath was opened and the artery was identified. We dissected proximal and then distal to the introducer wire. We clamped above and below the arteriotomy. We enlarged the arteriotomy and withdrew the balloon and then reclamped the proximal clamp. We closed the arteriotomy using 2 6-0 Prolene sutures.
Who is correct?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join