typically fingers get splints,...not so much casts... (unless it's a hand,finger, thumb wrist sort of thing)...
you can't charge for cast removal anyway, UNLESS the cast was applied by another physician. (not of your group/facility)
so, appears if your provider removed the splint (or cast) from the finger of a patient that was placed by another provider not of your group/facility - then YOUR provider could probably code a low level E/M. (depending on documentation support of course)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join