The lesser occipital nerve originates from the lateral branch of ventral portion of the C2 and sometimes the C3 spinal nerve. It provides sensory innervation to the lateral scalp area behind the ear. Report with 64450 as there isn't a specific code for lesser occipital nerve injection
Whereas the greater occipital nerve originates from the medial branch of the dorsal portion of the C2 spinal nerve and provides sensory innervation to the midline back of the scalp area. Report with 64405
Here is a link for an illustration that shows the two separate nerves: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yujaake5T5...craniotomy.bmp
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join