just from what you've posted, I don't see where it states he has BPH at all. I only see urgency and frequency. You do state he's been on BPH meds, I'm not sure exactly what those are, but - are they used for other issues as well? (often meds are used for other than their primary reason because they've been found to help other issues - you know what I mean?). So, in short - unless it specifically states he has BPH without obstruction and LUTS (600.00) or BPH with obstruction and LUTS - I wouldn't code either ..
I'd code the urgency 788.63 and frequency 788.41. big difference between BPH and urinary urgency or frequency....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join