I code for an emergency room. and am also a nurse there too. I would use code 36000 to capture points for a routine iv start by staff supervised by an doctor. 36410 is when the doctor actually does the procedure him/herself and it is clearly stated that this code is not to be used for routine venipuncture. Be careful using the 36410 as it is age specific and if the doctor put in a central line, art line etc...that would be a different code too.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join