31240 is specfically for endoscopic resection of concha bullosa (any turbinate); if you are doing a endoscopic resection of inferior turbinate for turbinate hypertrophy, bill 30140; concha bullosa and turbinate hypertrophy are separate issues.
Also, if there is concha bullosa within the middle or superior turbinate and you do endoscopic resection as well as perform a resection of the inferior turbinate, then bill both codes, 31240 and 30140, this is appropriate.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join