A complete retroperitoneal US (76770) consists of kidneys and bladder if related to urinary symptoms or it can be complete if the kidneys, abdominal aorta, common iliac artery origins and inferior vena cava are documented.
If the physician goes on to document the vascular in-flow and out-flow of the kidneys, it is appropriate to add the duplex scan (93975-93976) To be a complete duplex, all related major arteries and veins must be documented. For example, if only the arteries are mentioned, it would be limited.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join