AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair x2

Default Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair x2

AAPC: Back to School
    Does anyone know if you are able to bill out 2- 29827's for the SAME shoulder??

I have come across someone that does this. Their reason for billing out 2........one is for anterior and other posterior.
    It is my understanding that there are 4 rotator cuff tendons that work together to hold the head of the humerus in the glenoid cavity. When the physician performs a rotator cuff repair, he makes small poke hold incisions AROUND the shoulder for the instruments to be inserted.
    So since the physician will do this, isn't that indicating already that it will be anterior and posterior??
    I just want a lil clarification on this. To me it just doesnt seem OK to code 2x 29827, only with the exception that its performed bilaterally.

No stoner...lol , you can't bill that twice on the same shoulder. I agree with you about bilateral, but not on the same side.

Oh, you can only bill one 29827 for the same shoulder. You are right

Similar Threads

1. Billing for Arthroscopic repair of Rotator cuff
    By Razia Asghar in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2015, 09:21 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:24 AM
  3. Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair question
    By dollyleaf5 in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 12:31 PM
  4. Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Tear Repair...
    By Partha in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
  5. Arthroscopic revision of rotator cuff repair
    By jnaa70 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 08:46 AM