We had a surgeon that once performed the BHR. Smith & Nephew provided a novel of coding information. They recommended CPT code 27130. The information that I'm looking at now states..."Smith & Nephew has consulted the AAOS and AMA CPT representatives to determine the most appropriate code for the BHR device procedure. If surgeons who perform the procedure believe that the current CPT code for hip arthroplasty is inadequate, the AAOS may revisit the issue."
Modifier 22 was also suggested in the event (thoroughly documented) the case became difficult and consumed more resources, time, or effort than normal.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join