AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Pessary Insertion x2 coding Q.

Default Pessary Insertion x2 coding Q.

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello, everyone!
    I have a question regarding insertion of pessary for the second time. The ptn returned to the office 5 days after the original insertion stating that the 1st pessary fell out. I am thinking 57160 w/ a modifier but I am not which one.

Thanks in advance

Are you using the same pessary? When a patient comes back for pessary cleaning, we bill the proper level E&M with the diagnosis code for the reason for the pessary, prolapse, etc.......

Why would you need a modifer? There are no global days for a pessary insertion. If the doctor had to refit her for another pessary due to the first one not working I think that would be appropriate.

I have a question in regards to Botox injections. Can you please inform if CPT 90471 (how the injection was given) is coded along with the procedure code. I need to clarify if 3 codes are used for billing purposes: procedure (64612-64614),how it was injected (90471), & what medication was injected (J0585 or J0587) OR if 2 codes are used for billing purposesrocedure (64612-64614) & what medication is injected (J0585 or J0587)

Last edited by sterrett; 03-16-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Botox Injections

Similar Threads

1. Pessary Insertion
    By sandyw in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 11:27 AM
  2. Pessary insertion
    By TYSON1234 in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 01:18 PM
  3. Pessary insertion in Gyn clinic
    By kumeena in forum OB/GYN