should be billed as a preop - V72.83 - hammer toe 735.4/735.56/268.1 which ever one is correct - then your 356.1 & 300.00.
should have a request from the other provider for the consult...the three R's need to be met: Request (from other provider) - Render (decision made ok to proceed or not)- Report (back to referring provider).
is there a request from another provider? does your provider do the exam and give clearance? does your provider send their findings to the requesting provider?
**other considerations - is this the day before surgery? decision for surgery? do global issues come into play?**
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join