does the doctor providing the consult (via the referral), meet the requirements for billing/coding a consult?
Is it clear who REQUESTED the patient be seen by them and why?
does the provider RENDER his decision based on the exam performed?
does the provider send the REPORT of their findings back to the referring provider?
OR, does your doctor take over care per the request of the other provider. (because the issue is out of their area of expertise)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join