The code 90801 needs to inclued a history, mental status exam, and a dispostion as well as ordering and medical interpretation of lab or other medical diagnostic studies.
Code 90862 involves the assessment and diagnosis of medical problems amenable to drug therapy, initiation of therapy and subsequent visits to assess reposnse and dosage regulation. 90862 includes prescribing medication, monitoring the effect of medication and it's side effect and adjusting dosage. Any psychotherapy provided is minimal and usually supportive only. If you include psychotherapy you should use code 90805.
Hope this helps...not sure if that was what you were looking for or not
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join