AAPC - Back to school

Thread: 75746 for nonselective right atrium imaging?

Question 75746 for nonselective right atrium imaging?

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi there--

Our IR Department just did a bilateral extremity venogram on a patient to confirm the results of a surgical removal of a leiomyoma from the IVC and Right Atrium. (common femoral vein puncture site, they then began the procedure by checking the illiac venous system, then moved upward with final cath placement in the IVC to study the IVC and right atrium) What do you think about coding 75746 (angiography, pulmonary,by nonselective catheter or venous injection) for the nonselective imaging of the right atrium? I am not completely sold, but I'm not sure what other code may be better a fit. Any other ideas if you don't agree with 75746?

Houma, La.

Angiograms are for the aorta and arteries. A Venogram of the IVC may be what you're looking for. Code 75825 and 36010 may work.

Sally Thibodeaux CCS,CPC,LPN
    Houma,La. Chapter

Eh! I have been chewing this one all weekend, and I think you are right, I don't see a case for billing 75746 for the RA imaging. Since we are already coding 75825 for the IVC gram and as far as the dictation reads the RA imaging was nonselective from the IVC, this may be as far as we can code this one out. Thanks for the support!

Similar Threads

1. Repair right atrium
    By LLynn29 in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 10:29 AM
  2. Large Atrium
    By jewlz0879 in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
  3. 71275 vs 75746
    By kmac23 in forum Interventional Radiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
  4. Nonselective Illiac Angios to place an Angio-Seal
    By jtuominen in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 06:50 AM
  5. Coding 75685 for nonselective vert angio?
    By jtuominen in forum Interventional Radiology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 09:24 AM