ZHealth Online Member Newsletter: November 30, 2016 provided the following information:
"A trained independent observer is required. This is a person that is qualified to monitor the patient and has no other duties during the procedure (e.g., nurse). This may be a hospital employee, which does not affect the physician’s ability to report moderate sedation. "
I hope this information is helpful,
Amanda RCC, CPC, CIRCC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join