Usually a "mini repair" is an open procedure...did they go in arthroscopically and realize that an open procedure was necessary?
Also was the SLAP repaired or just debrided? if repaired you can only code 29807 but if it was just debrided then you only code 29822. Both 29807 and 29822 are bundled services so unless stated in the op note that they are able to have the 59 mod on 29822, only 1 code can be used.
For subacromial decompression you would code 29826 (if this is coded with the "mini repair" add mod 59 to this code)
A "mini repair" would be coded 23410 (acute) or 23412 (chronic)
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join