Can someone please tell me how to code....
DX 1. Large rotator cuff tear, rt shoulder
2. Glenoid Labral tear
3. Chronic ruptured long head biceps tendon. rt shoulder
1. Operative arthroscopy,subacromial decompression, and mini rotator cuff repair, right shoulder
2. Debridement, laberal tear, right shoulder
Description of procedure
A posterior arthroscopic portal was created followed by passage of Wissinger rod exiting lateral to the coracoid process. The joint is inspected. The glenohumeral articular surfaces appear normal. There is an abscense of the long head of the biceps tendon. There was a large retracted rotator cuff tear. There is degenerative tearing of the glenoid labrum which is debrided using a shaver. There is also synovitis which is debrided using a shaver.
Attention was turned to mini open rotaor cuff repair. An incision was made from the anterolateral edge of the acromion distally. The deltoid was split for approx 2.5 cm. There is an abundance of the bursal tissue which was resected. Minimal bony resection was required and the coracoacromial ligament was left intact. The decompression appears satisfactory.
There is a large retracted rotaor cuff tear. The tear was grasped and debrided sharply. A rongeur was then used to decorticate the greater tuberosity. Subsequently, repair is carried out using the Arthrex Speedbridge. Initially 2 anchors were placed in the greater tuberosity. The limbs of fiber tape were brought out from the articular surfaceto the bursal surface, taking greater than 1 cm bites. The repair was then tensioned. The fixation appears secure with the sutures. Subsequently the are divided and crisscrossed and 2 additional lateral row anchors are taken and tensioning and bringing the rotator cuff down onto the footprint. The sutures were divided the shoulder was carried through a range of motion the repair appears very secure.
Codes 23410 was paid while 29828 was denied stating records submitted do not support code.
I think the appropriate code is 29827? Can someone please tell me if I'm wrong?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join