ACOG states that up to 12 weeks postpartum it is bundled into the global package. If it is after the 12 weeks then it is appropriate to report the visit outside the global.
I read somewhere else where it said 21-56 days... (can't recall where I read that though)... Also, if I'm not mistaken, I do believe as long as they're coming in for their postpartum check... it's included, regardless of when. UNLESS as the ACOG states, it's longer than 12 weeks, then it would be up to the provider to decide whether this was followup postpartum... or an E/M charge.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join