When our Compliance Department does the annual physician education they frequently hand out copies of the audit tool so the doctors know where the auditor is coming from. A blank audit tool has no HIPAA protected information on it.
The actual audit report is on a spreadsheet that outlines what code was originally selected, what code the auditor determined is correct, what the financial impact is of the difference (if any), and what corrective measures are requried (if any).
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join