No, you cannot bill 93524-59 with 93620 & 93650. If the doctor is doing a transeptal puncture to access the left atrium or left ventricle add modifier 22 to 93650. Unfortunately there isn't a separate code for the transeptal punture. to bill 93524 with the EP study and ablation, you must indicate medical necessity to bill this code and your documentation has to support billing the heart cath. A few months ago, CMS issued a new LCD list for 93524
I hope this answers your question.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join