I am an ER coder. I would like get more insight into ER codes 99283 and 99284. Are the codes differentiated only based on the History and Exam levels? Or is there any criteria for selecting 99283 or 99284 based on MDM (though the MDM in both the code description is moderate complexity).
To be more clear, can we consider 99283 as low moderate MDM and 99284 as high moderate MDM. Does such concept exist?
Your valuable inputs are much appreciated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join