I would not code for lysis of adhesions. Usually these are inclusive to the procedure done, in this case the c-section. Now, there's a possibility that you could add the 22 modifier to allow for additional payment. If the adhesions were extensive, extra time, equipment, complications of the procedure due to adhesions. Then, you can submit the report and hope for increased payment. I haven't seen very often when the 22 is actually valid, but it does happen. That's also not saying the insurance will pay extra, but it's a possibility.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join