I love coding heart caths and this one is pretty straightforward. You would bill with the following codes:
93508-26 _ Catheter placement in coronary arteries, including grafts.
93540 - saphenous graft
93545 - selective coronary angiography
93556-26 - imaging S&I pulmonary, oartography adn/or selective coronary angiography including bypass grafts.
dx: 414.01, 414.02, V458.81
The lab did not indicate if the catheter was placed in the left ventricle so you cannot bill for a left heart cath. Also, it did not give measurements from the left ventricle. You can only bill for placement of the cath to image the coronary arteries.
Dee, CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join