There is no code for the injection snoreplasty procedure. We have done a few
in our ENT practice, and this is considered a self-pay procedure. This procedure is primarily a cosmetic procedure done for snoring and is considered investigational by most insurance carriers. I suppose you could try the unlisted procedure code 42299, but you would still need to submit documentation, and once reviewed would be denied by the insurance carriers. As long as the patient is informed ahead of time, I would stick to having this be a self -pay procedure in your office. I hope this helps.
Eileen Roland, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join