INCLUDES: discharge instructions, final preparation of the patient's medical records, provision of prescriptions/referrals, as needed and review of the inpatient admission
Normally in a discharge, or also called clinical resume, the discharging physician dictates a summary of their hospital course, from admission to discharge, including presenting illnesses, surgeries, if applicable, complications, if applicable, medications, etc..etc.. The E/M components do not apply to these codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join