Well, nothing clearly defines what "prescription drug management" or "drug therapy requiring intensive monitoring for toxicity" REALLY mean. Nothing in the guidelines, nothing in the table of risk. There are MANY varying opinions and interpretations. Sometimes a decision to continue a medication might be considered "prescription drug management" since you would be managing the patient's rx medicine and since a decision to continue a patient's current medication may involve as much risk as a decision to initiate a rx drug regimen. On the flip side, sometimes it's not considered rx drug management if there are no changes, no new rx's. It's a matter of judgement by the provider and any reviewer.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join