The CPT Code 29827 is for Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair, and includes all the elements of 29826. 29827 is an "extension" of 29826. Any Debridement of tissues done in 29826 is included in 29827 in that any "debridement" of tissue done to prepare the Rotator Cuff Tendons and the site of reinsertion/attachment/repair is included. This particular "debridement" can't be coded (i.e. 29823: Extensive Debridement) and charged separately. If, however, there is another site of shoulder joint pathology, not related to the above, which is identified and treated by Limited Debridement (29822), with that pathologic lesion clearly documented as separate and coded for diagnosis, and the rationale/indications for that Limited Debridement are documented, you "might" be able to code that and charge for it with a Modifier such as 51, possibly 22 or 59 (which may too complicated to use), but, don't bet on it going through without the proper documentation, i.e. the Operative Report. More likely than not, the payer will try to bundle it into the Rotator Cuff Repair procedure code and deny the additional procedure.
Respectfully submitted, Alan Pechacek, M.D.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join