IV infusion / Hydration / IVP is quite Simple once you get it down.
IVP (IV Push) is less than 15 mins
1st Drug 96374
Each addional sequential push of new drug) 96375
Each additional sequential push same drug (must be given over 30 mins after initial push) 96376
IV Hydration must run over 31 mins to 1hr 96360
Each additional hour of Hydration 96361 ( report for intervals of greater than 30 mins beyond 1st hour increment)
Hydration is considered Normal Saline, ect
IV Therapeutic Medicinal Drug
must run over 15 mins to 1 hour 96365
Each additional hour greater than 30 mins beyond 1st hour increment) 96366
96367 Additional Sequential Infusion up to 1 hour ( for a differant initial service admin through the same IV access)
Report only ONCE per sequential infusion of same infusate mix.
96368 Concurrent infusion - List only once per encounter (A concurrent infusion is one in which two drugs are simultaneously infused or multiple infusions are provided through the same intravenous line
I can break it down for you even farther if you would
like me too, i did Infusions for 3 yrs in the Emergancy room Setting.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join