AAPC - Back to school
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: infusion or hydration

AAPC: Back to School
    I would also like a copy of your cheat sheet.

Terre Haute, IN

IV infusion / Hydration / IVP is quite Simple once you get it down.

IVP (IV Push) is less than 15 mins
    1st Drug 96374
    Each addional sequential push of new drug) 96375
    Each additional sequential push same drug (must be given over 30 mins after initial push) 96376

IV Hydration must run over 31 mins to 1hr 96360
    Each additional hour of Hydration 96361 ( report for intervals of greater than 30 mins beyond 1st hour increment)
    Hydration is considered Normal Saline, ect

IV Therapeutic Medicinal Drug
    must run over 15 mins to 1 hour 96365
    Each additional hour greater than 30 mins beyond 1st hour increment) 96366

96367 Additional Sequential Infusion up to 1 hour ( for a differant initial service admin through the same IV access)
    Report only ONCE per sequential infusion of same infusate mix.

96368 Concurrent infusion - List only once per encounter (A concurrent infusion is one in which two drugs are simultaneously infused or multiple infusions are provided through the same intravenous line

I can break it down for you even farther if you would
    like me too, i did Infusions for 3 yrs in the Emergancy room Setting.
    Last edited by DoDCoder4You; 10-19-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Default Please give copy to me

Please give the copy ; southbaymed@hotmail.com

I would love a copy too. samanthashupe@gmail.com

Terre Haute, IN

I found this today, its a copy of a webpage.

It may help some.

Copyright © 2008 by American Society of Clinical Oncology.
    Concurrent Infusions
    ASCO's Coding and Reimbursement Hotline continues to receive questions regarding concurrent infusions. In 2006, the current procedural terminology (CPT) Editorial Panel created a specific code, 90768, for concurrent infusions of nonchemotherapy drugs or substances. The questions and answers in this article are designed to provide additional information and clarification regarding the use of the concurrent drug administration code.

What is a concurrent infusion?

A concurrent infusion is one in which two drugs are simultaneously infused or multiple infusions are provided through the same intravenous line.

If a second drug is added to a bag for intravenous administration, can the administration of the second drug be reported?

No. More than one substance in a single bag is considered one infusate and one infusion. In this scenario, only one administration can be reported. However, the J-code for each substance or drug would be separately reportable.

If two drugs are infused simultaneously but hang in separate bags, is this considered a concurrent infusion?

Yes. If multiple drugs are hung separately but run simultaneously, the administration is considered to be concurrent. In this situation, you would report an initial or subsequent administration (depending on your identified primary service) for the first drug, and a concurrent administration for the second drug.

What if two drugs are mixed in the same bag and administered for only 15 minutes?

An infusion of 15 minutes or fewer is defined as a push, and the appropriate push code (initial or subsequent) should be reported. In this situation, the infusion would be reported as one push; however, each substance or drug would be separately reported.

Can more than one concurrent administration code be reported?

The CPT book provides clear guidance that concurrent infusion can be billed only once per patient encounter.

The Coding and Reimbursement Hotline receives many questions relating to the administration of leucovorin with an antineoplastic agent such as fluorouracil. Leucovorin is used in some chemotherapy regimens to enhance the antineoplastic effect; however, Medicare carriers, fiscal intermediaries, and/or Medicare Administrative Contractors have the discretion to determine whether the administration of leucovorin should be reported as a nonchemotherapy or chemotherapy administration.

Its useful
    Nandha CPC

Its really useful
    Nandha CPC

I saw the post about the cheat sheet for the IV therapy hydration. I would love a copy if possible. I am new to this and am struggeling. Thanks mcauley1115@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Hartford, CT

you need to determine if it is incidental hydration
    Pat A. Trautner, CCS/CPC/CEDC/CHONC

Can I get a copy of your cheat sheet as well? My email address is boydso@yahoo.com.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast