It depends on if they meet criteria for critical codes. If you feel they do, I would bill 99291 and 99292 for day 1 and for day 2, just bill 99291 again.
If they do not meet criteria for critical care, then I would just use the 99233 code. You could have maybe thought about using the prolonged care code if he had stated his times more specifically. I don't know alot about these codes, but I know there are strict time usages with them.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join