AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinical Coding Solutions

Default Clinical Coding Solutions

AAPC: Back to School
    Has anyone heard of Clinical Coding Solutions or ever worked for them?
    They have many jobs listed on careerbuilder.

I did receive a phone call after submitting my resume. They seem legit the lady said she was going to forward my resume on, so I should receive a call soon, that was on Wednesday.

You should check out their website www.clinicalcodingsolutions.com

Charlotte, NC

Default 1099 contractor

I was told by Carey that this is a 1099 contract position (no benefits), and pays per chart. The job posting stated a base salary of $20-30 for experienced coders, which is why I applied. I'm assuming this is based upon the number of charts you are able to code per hour

I am contracted with this company and make good money. Yes, there are no benefits, but I am able to work from home on my own time. Most people I know that work for them use it as supplemental income.

San Antonio

I just submitted my resume. Hopefully I hear from someone.
    Coding Junkie

I saw on their website that they use certified nurse coders. I'm not familiar with that certification. I did a quick google search but didn't find anything.

Edit: I was able to find their association. This was founded by a group of nurses. I'm not real positive about this.
    Last edited by Ellacott; 04-29-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: found more information

Evansville Indiana

Default Clinical coding solutions

I would assume that they only employ those with a nursing license and a coding certification.

The company that I work for hires nurses also and paid for them to get this. It is a one week course with a 70 question exam on the last day.
    I was not happy about this at all. It is not a recgonized credential.

They also competing with the recognized certifications. I don't have a problem with them getting a recognized certified to go along with their nursing degree. This certification looks like they are marketing themselves to be superior to the established certifications. A 70 question exam is not adequate enough to gauge their coding ability. Nurses are already taking a lot of coding and auditing positions that would otherwise be filled by coding professionals. My experience with *some* nurses who became coders has been difficult. We had a hard time with *some* nurses who may know what the doctors mean even though it's not documented. We had a hard time explaining that the doctors had to document specifically even though you can figure out what he meant by the labs and course of treatment.

I know there are some nurses here that are also certified and I don't mean to disparage all nurses. I know I am a good coder and feel I code just as good or better than any nurse.

Cool clinical coding solutions

I work for this company and they are terrific! I have been a nurse for over 20 years and I'm sorry if some of you feel threatened by the fact more murse's are coding for extra income. No there is not a special certification for nurses, I took the same exams as most of you have and no I do not assume when I code, if it's not documented it doesn't get coded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast