i agree with both of the expressed views but it also depends on the documentation. typically if its a new pt, there is usually a more extensive service performed to warrant the -25. But if its an established patient who presents to the office for lesion and the provider doesnt address other issues in the visit, i would agree with you, the I&D is probably all thats warranted. Again, both scenarios also need to be supported in documentation.
Hope that opinion helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join