I would not code the bacteremia - this is a term indicating only a presence of bacteria in the blood, whereas septicemia indicates infection due to presence of bacteria in the blood. Under the exclusion notes for code 790.7, septicemia is excluded from this code.
I would code 038.12 (I see you have the lab findings on the organism, but I would only use after querying the physician to confirm findings, otherwise code 038.9), 995.91, and 789.00.
Hope this helps!
M. Atkins, CPC, CCS-P
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join