92587: Encoderpro.com indicates that this code includes:
"INCLUDES: diagnostic/treatment services not generally included in a comprehensive otorhinolaryngologic evaluation or office visit
testing of both ears. When one ear is tested, append modifier 52.
use of calibrated electronic equipment, recording of results, and a report with interpretation"
So I would say that a formal report as well as a printed or electronic copy of the computerized recording would be necessary.
99173: I don't see any requirement for a formal report, but I would think there should be a notation in the patient chart of the patient's eyesight (i.e. 20/20).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join