Prolonged e/m service before and /or after direct (face to face) pt care (eg, review of extensive records and tests, communication with other professionals and/or th epatient/family), (List separetely in addition to code(s) for other physician services and /or inpatient or outpatient e/m services).
You also might want to check with this pt's insurance carrier, there are not alot of insurance that I am aware of that pay for these codes mainly because their is no face to face and there is a chance the pt will have a copay as it is an e/m service you are billing. I would first check with the carrier then go from there.
Best of luck
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join