AAPC has developed specialty credentials to enable coders to demonstrate superior levels of expertise in their respective specialty disciplines.
Specialty credentials are stand-alone certifications with no requirement to hold a CPCÂ®, CPC-HÂ® or CPC-PÂ® credential
Exams aptly measure preparedness for â€śreal worldâ€ť coding by being operative/patient-note based
I copied this from the corporate site. They changed the requirements for 2009, it sounds like the info you are getting is related to previous years.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join