I don't currently have any ortho providers but when I did they never met the guidelines for a comprehensive exam. I am assuming you are talking about the new and consults.
It was always very frustrating to them and me since many of those elements of exam are not medically necessary in a lot of ortho exams. On the other hand, they weren't the best documenters either.
Do any of your providers spend a lot of time with the patients? That would be one way they may qualify for a 4, if they document time properly.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join