I sent you a private message.
There is no difference in determining MDM for pediatrics and adults. Although it's rare that you have 3 or more chronic conditions for pediatric patients.
The best resource for everything related to E/M is emuniversity.com
Also get a copy of both the 1995 and 1997 guidelines ... and especially an audit tool. These more detailed outlines of what is included in determining level of MDM should help you understand and apply the concept better.
I hope that helps you.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join