We have a billing software vendor for one of our physician practices who will only allow the primary diagnosis to be linked to each E/M code. They state that this is how Medicare wants it, that they have written proof and will not change the software until written proof can be provided to the contrary. In the directions for filling out the 1500, on the website, it says to only link the primary dx for PROCEDURES. We have always linked all appropriate dx for medical necessity. I have "proof" from various seminars, but nothing officially from Medicare. Does anyone know of a link that has this, or can offer any help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join