I would also code just 70551.
Radiology Charge Capture Handbook 2009, Medical Learning Inc.
"Payment to OPPS hospitals for diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals is bundled with the major procedure performed. CMS has assigned all diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals with the status indicator N, meaning that there is no separate payment because it is packaged into the APC rates for the major procedure."
We are still expected to report the dosage, but I don't think you can charge separately for contrast.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join