I don't see that 90772 and 90741 are listed as "E/M" codes in the cpt book. I see them under the "Medicine" section, which would prevent you from appending modifier -25 to them. As you know, modifier -25 is only for use with codes found in the "E/M" section of the cpt book.
I do know that if an "E/M" visit is billed in conjunction with these injection admin codes, then the "E/M" code gets the modifier -25. Keep in mind that CCI Edits bundles 90772 with some "E/M" codes (ex=99212-99214) and would also then require that you append a modifier -59 to injection admin code. The only exception to this would be if it is billed with a 99211 in which instance CCI Edits do not allow them to be billed together.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join