I would just code 32606. The physician was doing a diagnostic procedure to determine what was wrong. VATS codes 32650-32665 are surgical codes used when the procedure is for treatment of a condition.
CPT 38746 is for more extensive lymph node dissection (at the very least levels 4, 7 & 9 should be removed) and there has to be a primary procedure performed at the same time to bill this code anyway.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join