When fractures are healing, our physician's take comparison, weight-bearing, or bilateral x-rays to compare the non-fractured side to the fractured body part to diagnose correctly. Is there a modifier, V code or a comparison icd-9 I can use for the non-fractured body part to distinguish to the insurance company which side is the fractured side?
OR can we even charge for the comparison xray?

Any help, ideas, and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mackenzie CPC