Ultimately, I believe it depends on how the dictation reads.
Is one person having troubles and asking the spouse to come in so that they can work on things for that one person. Is the focus that person? If so I would bill the 90804/90806
If the focus truely is the family and how the patients issues reflect on the family and the focus is more so on the relationship functioning and how this really affects all involved vs an individual, then family might be more appropriate.
Like I said ultimately, it comes down to the focus of the visit. One code doesn't always fit a situation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join